Unfortunately an error has occurred while attempting to obtain or display data

Jordan - Biblical Israel

Rabbi Ari ShvatElul 9, 5779
13
Question
If Jordan is apart of Biblical Israel, how on Earth are we supposed to obtain our land back without war (we would get so much hate)? Also, does that mean there are no such things as ethnic Jordanians etc.? How do you know? Also, what other modern day countries are apart of Biblical Israel and what is their biblical significance (including Jordan)? Thank you.
Answer
The God of history solves many of the technical or halachic difficulties where man has no foreseeable solution. If you were to ask me that identical question 60 years ago regarding Jerusalem, I would have answered: "I don't know", but retrospectively, we know how the God of history did it. King Hussein illogically entered the 6 Day War after it was already a lost cause, but by doing so, forced Israel to fight a defensive war and liberate Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria, in a way that any country who wasn't anti-Semitic admitted that we had a right to push them back and defend ourselves (see Time magazine of that period). Apparently, it will be similarly with Lebanon, Syria and the Sinai, which are all historically the Land of Israel. Their level of holiness is a little lower than that of the West Bank of the Jordan (=Israel today). Accordingly, we understand why Moshe was crying to enter the West Bank (Dvarim 3), even though he did enter the Sinai and the East Bank of the Jordan, and why the Tribes of Reuven and Gad where castigated for preferring to stay on the East Bank (Bamidbar 32).