• Halacha
  • General Questions

Book for Israeli - kiruv

Rabbi David Sperling

Tammuz 1, 5775
Question
I need please a book in Hebrew for a person in my office - typical israeli who doesnt know much but wants desperately to learn and understand 1. About G-d, about life, about suffering and pain, the jewsih people etc etc, what are we doing here?
Answer
Shalom, Thank you for your question. It is difficult to advise you on a good book without knowing personally the person involved. May I perhaps suggest that you turn your friend to a wonderful organization in Israel called "Rosh Yehudi" who work in spreading Judaism to general Israeli public. They have both classes, books and can even organize personal learning for those interested. Their success is perhaps a result of their great love of Israel – the People, the Land, and the Torah – that encourages a religious growth that is connected to mainstream Israeli life, in a spirit of Zionism. They can be found online at http://roshy.org/ (in Hebrew). May you have every success in helping those around you grow in love and Torah. Blessings.