Ask the Rabbi

  • Family and Society
  • Ma'asser - Tithing - To Who?

Tzedaka and Maaser


Various Rabbis

Cheshvan 9, 5769
1) Can one give their tzedaka or maaser to support individuals living in Israel (who are not learning in yeshiva)? 2) Can one help support family members married or single, with tzedaka or maaser who are living in Israel?
Tzedaka and Ma'aser can be given to any Mitzva cause, whether you are supporting a poor person who can use the money, or your supporting Jewish settlements. Some say that Ma'aser can only be given to the poor. Giving Tzedaka to a family member is always better then a Non-family member, "Aneye Ircha Kodmim". Rabbi Binyamin Bamberger
את המידע הדפסתי באמצעות אתר