Ask the rabbi Halacha Gedolim and Rabbis

microphone

Rabbi Ari ShvatNisan 16, 5779
Question
Thanks for answering my question. you mentioned Rabbi Simcha Halevi of the RCA. I just wanted to know who he was, did he write any seforim, and to which Camp did he belong to? (Because Rav Feinstein is extremely מחמיר using a microphone on Shabbos)
Answer
R. Simcha Levi is the author of Simchat HaLevy, chidushim on the Shas and aggadita. He was definitely orthodox, but it's important to point out that regarding many halachic issues regarding electricity, many of the early opinions were simply misled regarding how electricity works. Accordingly, these early opinions are halachically irrelevant except for academic and historic trivia, as opposed to the accepted halachic opinions of R. Shlomo Zalman Auerbach, the Chazon Ish and R. Moshe Feinstein.
More on the topic of Gedolim and Rabbis