- The Torah World Gateway
Ask the rabbi Family and Society General Questions

Government grants

Rabbi Yoel LiebermanSivan 10, 5770
About 15 years ago when I was starting university, I applied for and was given a government sponsored university grant. One of the conditions for receiving the grant was that as a student I didn’t work over a certain number of hours a week. I did not keep this condition and worked over the stipulated hours; nonetheless I still claimed the grant. I would like to make retribution for the money I received. How would you suggest I do that? Thanks so much
This issue is somewhat complex. The best thing would be to consult a local Dayan, a Rabbinical judge who deals with monetary laws and is familiar with local practices. What should ideally be done it to contact a local governmental authority to see how things can be rectified. If you are not answered you should give according to your ability to a public charity. (חו"מ סימן שס"ו, ב ).
More on the topic of General Questions

It is not possible to send messages to the Rabbis through replies system.Click here to send your question to rabbi.

את המידע הדפסתי באמצעות אתר