Ask the rabbi Halacha Tehillim and Personal Prayers

Tehilim reading

Question
Shalom. i dont now to read hebrew fluently and clear can i read Tehlim if i want? can read it in english? i find myself more comfortable reading in english. short prayers i do read in hebrew.is it allowed and acceptable if i read in english. thanks
Answer
Yes, and I would say since Tehilim is so beautiful and covers probably every emotion a person can feel you should read it in English so you can relate to the words and find validation of your feelings, comfort and support. The words of Tehilim can spark even greater emotional connection to Hashem but you need to understand the words, so yes, read them in English. It would be benefical to learn the Hebrew so you can read them in Hebrew.
More on the topic of Tehillim and Personal Prayers