Ask the rabbi Halacha Cohen's Marriage

Cohain marriage to woman who was with non Jew

Rabbi Elchanan Lewis2 Cheshvan 5766
1461
Question
I understand that Cohanim are prohibited from marrying a woman who has had prior relations with a non-Jew, even if she did not marry him. However, I was also told that there are "exceptions" that can be made to this, even though I’ve never heard of such exceptions being made. I was wondering what scenarios might constitute an exception?
Answer
I don't know of an exception. The following is found in Shulchan Aruch EH 6, 12-13; maybe that is what you are looking for. If a Cohen marries his wife that had premarital relations with a non-Jew, and she or a witness reveilles this information to him only after the wedding, since there are no two valid witnesses, he doesn't have to believe her and does not need to divorce her.
More on the topic of Cohen's Marriage