mystical experiences

Rabbi Elchanan LewisElul 17, 5768
391
Question
Could you please tell me the Jewish Religion’s view on mystical experiences. If you do believe in them would they only occur to holy people and prophets or to the common man also
Answer
I don't really know what you mean by "mystic", my dictionary translates mystic with supernatural. If you are asking does Judaism acknowledge supernatural events, the obvious answer is yes. The Torah the Neviim and Ketuvim tell us numerous stories of supernatural events from the creation of life through the splitting of the sea or fire coming down from the heavens to consume an offering till a hand writing on a wall. We call that – miracles. Miracles happen to people how are worthy of them, it is Hashem's call to decide who are these individuals.