Ask the rabbi Shabbat and Holidays Candle Lighting

early candle lighting on Erev Shabbes

Rabbi Ari ShvatIyyar 2, 5778
86
Question
Thank you for your reply and your Brochoh (BEH), however I was asking for a different solution to the obvious and regular one, like is there anyway for example that the family I end up going for Friday evening seuda to, can be moitzi me with their candle lighting, as missing Kabolas Shabbes and sometimes also Borchu is not by any means an ideal situation to be in. Or is there any other way around this problem. Thank you and Tizku LeMitzves
Answer
No, the host where you eat can't motzi you for your candle-lighting unless you sleep there, as well. As you wrote, davening mincha at mincha gedola can be helpful, but if that doesn't work, you should rely on the fact that there is no obligation to say Kabbalat Shabbat with a minyan and you can also catch Borchu at the end of davening when it's repeated in most shuls.
More on the topic of Candle Lighting