feeling of a soulmate

Rabbi Ari ShvatTammuz 25, 5776
156
Question
Should one feel any different when married, almost having visions, or feeling somehow complete, not ordinary? If not how can we know that the one I married is the right one when the feeling is so uncomplete and unfulfilling.
Answer
As I wrote you in the past, marriage and love are always challenging and necessitate investing time and effort, but it's well worth it. That feeling of completion is inevitably a result of effort, just like almost everything worthwhile in this world. Don't forget the feeling of promise and potential that you felt when you got engaged, and develop it to a higher level with mutual efforts to please, help, and build each other, and you'll find that it's not that difficult to achieve a self-fulfilling prophecy when God is helping you help yourself build your Jewish home!