- The Torah World Gateway
Ask the rabbi Family and Society

Wedding problem

Rabbi Gideon Weitzman13 Iyyar 5763
Shalom Rabbi, I’d like to marry a woman whose parents are both Jewish but who got married at the Town Hall only (ie not at the synagogue). Will I strike any problem when trying to marry her at the synagogue? Thanks in advance
Shalom U'vracha Most rabbis will require proof that a couple are Jewish and can get married to each other. The only way of ascertaining this is through seeing the parent's Ketubah, (religious marriage certificate). If they do not have one then you will have to discuss with your rabbi whether and how will agree to marry you. Kol Tuv
More on the topic of Can We Get Married?

It is not possible to send messages to the Rabbis through replies system.Click here to send your question to rabbi.

את המידע הדפסתי באמצעות אתר