Ask the rabbi Halacha Medications and Vitamins

Vegan vitamins

Question
I was not directed by any doctor to take vitamins. Generally I try to take kosher certified vitamins. I was wondering if there are any non kosher substances that can be found in vegan vitamins ?
Answer
Shalom, Thank you for your question. In the area of kashrut, due to the technical advancements and constant changes made to the production technique, it is always best to turn to experts in the field, who have on-hand knowledge. May I suggest the O-U, O-K or Star-K websites. In general there is room to be lenient and take all tablets and capsules, as swallowing them is not considered as "eating" (except for chewable tablets). However, as you write that "Generally I try to take kosher certified vitamins", you are probably trying to be strict on this question, and want to know if there could be any non-kosher ingredients in vegan vitamins. Unfortunately, for that information you will have to turn to kashrut experts who know the facts on the ground. Blessings.
More on the topic of Medications and Vitamins