Ask the rabbi Family and Society Conversion

can morrano convert believe in new testament?

Rabbi Ari ShvatAv 10, 5773
318
Question
I am very interested in converting to Orthodox Judaism. My family are "Anusim" ( Forced Converts ) to Christianity. I haven’t heard a good reason to not believe that the "New Testament" is true... but I want to return to the Jewish community. Is this possible?
Answer
One cannot believe in the Christian “new testament” and convert to Judaism, for there are many ideas there that clearly contradict Judaism. You say that you “haven’t heard a good reason to not believe that the ‘new testament’ is true”, but the King of the Kuzars, who was objectively searching for the true religion (about 1200 years ago, as written in the Kuzari) said the exact opposite (!): everyone monotheistic (Moslems and Christians) believes that the Jewish Bible is true. So unless the Moslems can clearly convince you of Mohammed’s prophecies, or a Christian can clearly convince you of Jesus’ prophecies, then all that one can definitely be sure of is the Jewish Bible. With Love of Israel, Rav Ari Shvat
More on the topic of Conversion