Bishul akum

Rabbi David SperlingTammuz 8, 5773
348
Question
On shabbos I useally have chicken nuggets which my mom makes. This Friday (today) my goyishe babysitter made them. Is there any way I can make it muttar for me to eat?
Answer
Shalom, The laws of non Jewish cooking do apply to your non-Jewish babysitter. So, in general you need to take precaution that a Jew takes part in the cooking, or at least turns the stove on. However, in your situation, after the fact, when the babysitter who is employed by you cooked the food in your house, if there will be a great financial loss, there is room to allow the chicken to be eaten (See Chamat Adam 66,7). It is not clear from your question if this is a case of great financial loss or not - I leave that up to you to determine. Again, you should be aware of the fact that this ruling is only for after the fact when this mistake happened, but in general you need to organize the situation better. Blessings.