Ask the rabbi Halacha Customs of Pronunciation and Wording

Changes to tefillot in Eretz Yisrael

Question
Shalom, Since making aliyah to Israel I have become aware of some differences in the nusach of Ashkenazi davening here in Israel but am not totally clear on them. Does one say "Sim Shalom" instead of "Shalom Rav" in all one’s shemona esrei davening or just Mincha of Shabbos? What are the other practical differences for a woman who mostly davens at home. Thank you!
Answer
Chag Same'ach, First I will answer you specific question and then I will address some of the major changes for you and for other potential readers for women and men alike. Firstly, I suggest for you personally to get yourself an Israeli published siddur such as the "Koren" siddur or "Rinat Yisrael". This way in a short time any changes you notice will be become second nature in a short while. In regard to "Sim Shalom" , it is said Shacharit, and at Mincha on a fast day . Otherwise, Shalom Rav is said at Mincha and Maariv. There are some evident changes which become relevant during Pessach. In the Shmone Esrey , during the summer season we say "Morid Hatal" as opposed to Chutz la'aretz where many have the minhag not to say it. Also, on the night of the seder, at Ma'ariv, the minhag of Eretz Yisrael is to say the full Hallel . Relavant to men is the issue of Tefillin where the minhag of Eretz Yisrael is NOT to put on Tefellin during Chol Hamoed. On a daily weekday basis, the Minhag in Eretz Yisrael is to say "Ein Kelokeinu" at the end of Shacharit every day , not just on Shabbat. At Ma'ariv", "yiru einenu etc." before the Shmone Esrey is not said in Eretz Yisrael. Most important, is that now that you have have made Aliya you do not have your second day Yom Tov or an "eighth" day of Yom Tov, on Pesach, sukkot or Shavuot. Rosh Hashana though remains 2 days. A "second seder" is now a "galut" minhag which is now of the past for you. Have an easy absorption and Aliya and once again Chag Same'ach
More on this Topic Customs of Pronunciation and Wording
Ask a follow-up question

It is not possible to send messages to the Rabbis through replies system.