Going to Medical School

Rabbi Yoel LiebermanTishrei 8, 5773
171
Question
Shalom, I am considering going to medical school. Medical schools require the students to dissect human bodies donated for scientific research. Am I allowed to participate in such a dissection? Isn’t it descecrating a dead body, even if the person voluntarily donated their body for this purpose? If you could please email me the answer, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Answer
The Chief Rabbi of Kiryat Arba, Rabbi doV Lior has answered in the Hebrew counterpart of this website that the problem of performing autopsies for the sake of medical study does not apply to the cadavers of non-Jews. (See Also Daat Cohen of Rav Kook zt'l 199) Gmar Chatima Tova and good luck in medical school.