Rabbanim and ruach hakodesh

Rabbi Ari ShvatSivan 29, 5772
747
Question
Hi Rabbi, Thanks for your answer. So do they say that Rabbi Neventzahl has a level of Ruach Hakodesh? And in addition to him, is there no one else still alive who they say this about? I heard the Chalban - is that true.....and is there anyone else that you know of? Thanks again!
Answer
Shalom, I was very careful in my wording, and it obviously isn't up to people like ourselves to "grade" which rabbanim have what level of ru'ach hakodesh. There are many different levels of divine aid to gedolim in Torah and mitzvot, starting with the "siyata dishmaya" mentioned by the Aruch HaShulchan and others regarding the halachic decisions of local rabbis, and "moving up" regarding those public and national figures, you and I mentioned, who undoubtedly have certain levels of that G-dly assistance. It's not for us to go into more detail. With Love of Israel, Rav Ari Shvat