• Halacha
  • General Questions

Great Rabbanim Today

Rabbi Ari Shvat

Sivan 28, 5772
Question
Hi. I have a very interesting question to ask. In the past, there have been Rabbanim who people used to go to who were known to possess a level of Ruach Hakodesh. For example, the Baba Sali and Rav Kaduri, They say the same to a certain extent about Rav Dovid Abuchatzeira today. Besides for Rav Dovid, are there any other names of people who are respected and who have displayed this Koach in the past that are alive today?
Answer
There are many documented stories of the ruach hakodesh of Rav Mordechai Eliyahu, who recently passed away. I am not aware of documented stories of others alive today, but if you wish to meet an approachable gadol, Rav Avigdor Neventzahl, talmid muvhak of Rav Shlomo Zalman Auerbach and Rav of the Jewish Quarter and Yeshivat HaKotel, is saintly and revered by anyone who has met him. Baruch Hashem, Rav Ovadia Yosef's greatness in Torah is also clear to all who have met him. "Lo alman Yisrael", and we have no doubt that the place of last generation's g'dolim will be replaced by capable and great gedolim, and we pray that prophecy and the Sanhedrin, will be renewed speedily in our day. With love of Israel, Rav Ari Shvat