Ask the rabbi Shabbat and Holidays Chametz and Pesach Products

Olive oil for Passover

Question
I Used Kirkland Olive oil with OU kosher symbol, for my Passover cooking. Can I use the food this Passover or is it not permissible since it did not have a kosher for Passover symbol?
Answer
ב"ה Shalom This is what I found on the OU website. "All extra virgin olive oils are Kosher for Passover, as long as it bears the OU symbol. All other oils (including olive oil) require a reliable Kosher for Passover certification to be consumed on Passover, except virgin coconut oil" Although, it may say on the oil 100% olive oil, the oil goes through filtering and processing which may involve non- kosher LePessach ingredients, therefore we must adhere to the OU or other kosher agency guidelines. Therefore, I suggest you call the OU, especially if you have already used in your cooking. In some places, I understand they have special kosher LePessach hotlines. All the best חג כשר ושמח
More on the topic of Chametz and Pesach Products