Ask the rabbi Family and Society General Questions

Is there Life after death

Rabbi Ari ShvatKislev 28, 5781
21
Question
Boker tov rabbi I was once in a critical condition and close to die, in my illness I prayed crying in pain to Hashem to be there for me because I had a feeling at that moment that there was nothing else once I died. I see no angels, in the night I was desperate because I new that my body was going back to earth, and that was for certain. Shalom Rabbi Respectfully,
Answer
Yes there is life after death, and there are many documented cases to verify what Jewish tradition has always passed down. See the best-seller "Life After Life" where the descriptions of these gentiles who experienced "out of body" or "clinical" death, coincides with that found in the ancient Jewish kabbalistic sources.