Ask the rabbi Shabbat and Holidays Shavuot

Shavouth in the days of Corona

Rabbi Yoel LiebermanSivan 4, 5780
27
Question
As we will still not have a minyan on Shavuoth do I recite Akdamut when I read the laynig aloud (but to myself)? what about yitiv pitgam?
Answer
ב"ה Shalom Even though the original custom was to say Akdamut after the first Passuk of the Aliya has been read, and today it is read after the cohen is called up for his Aliya, which means it was normally read with a minyan present. it is still something which does NOT require a Minyan. Rav Hershel Schachter Shlit"a wrote in his Piskei Corona #40, that although there is no requirement to read the Akdamut while without a minyan, neither is it forbidden. Therefore you are allowed to read it without a minyan. The same applies also to the to the Piyyut "Yatziv Pitgam". May Hashem grant you and your family good health . Chag Same'each
More on the topic of Shavuot