Ask the rabbi הלכה שאלות כלליות

bed direction

Question
What direction must a man go to bed to sleep?
Answer
ב"ה Shalom If you are referring to a married man when he is intimate with his wife, his head should be toward the north. ( Shulchan Aruch 240;17) However, if you are referring to a man sleeping on his own, if he may sleep with his feet in the direction of the door, there are many who say there is no such custom. Rav Shlomo Aviner shlit"a, in his book "Ner B'ishon Laila" which deals with superstitions, says that the issue of a person sleeping in a particular direction, has no source in Rabbinic writings, and its source from the ancient Chinese pseudoscience called Feng shui, which I guess became widespread and then infiltrated into Jewish homes. However, since there are those who abide by this, and I have written about it in the past on this website. See link: Direction of Sleeping All the best
More on this Topic General Questions

It is not possible to send messages to the Rabbis through replies system. Ask a follow-up question