Ask the rabbi Halacha Eggs

How Many Eggs Should be Boiled Together?

Rabbi Yoel LiebermanSivan 22, 5779
45
Question
If I cook eggs, I cook no less than three. What if I cook more than three. Does it have to be an odd number? This question is asked as a continuation to the shiur How Many Eggs Should be Boiled Together?
Answer
ב"ה Shalom, The answer you referred to is very thorough and related to your question, by saying " The more eggs, the better the chance of a majority, and odd numbers help slightly statistically. The number of eggs is thus not required but suggested." It was also made clear in the above answer that cooking at least 3 eggs together is not a requirement, since the vast majority of eggs are not fertilized. In addition, Rav Moshe Feinstein zt"l, ( אגרות משה יו"ד א סי' ל"ו ) wrote that in our times when most eggs are not fertilized, even those are meticulous in Halachot (בעל נפש ) do not have to be "machmir= stringent , if an egg with blood was mixed even with only ONE other egg, and even if the egg with blood mixed with the other was bigger than the other egg. This is the case, according to Rav Moshe Feinstein zt"l, unless a person knows for sure that one of the eggs was definitely fertilized. (Refer also to הליכות והנהגות כשרות, , pgs. 321-324) All the best
More on the topic of Eggs