Halacha and Neviim

Rabbi Yoel LiebermanIyyar 15, 5771
144
Question
Shalom uVeracha, I am looking for the exact source (or more than one) for the principle that we don’t decide Halacha based on Neviim, but only on the Chumash. May you help me? Thank you
Answer
15 Iyyar, 31st day of the omer In a previous answer titled "Halacha from the Nach", I have already answered this question. However for your convenience, I have written it again with some changes and additional references. It is one of the Thirteen Principles of Faith to believe in the eternal authority of the Torah. Only the Torah, and not the prophets, is the sole divinely inspired authority binding for all times. Upon the completion of the Torah, no new law or commandment can be introduced. It says in Vayikra 27:34 "These are the commandments which God commanded Moshe for Bnei Yisrael on Mount Sinai". Our Rabbis infer from the word "These" that a prophet many not originate any new laws.(See Sifra 8:13, Shabbat 104a, Yoma 80a, Megilla 2b,Temura 16a, Yerushalmi Megilla 1:5. Also Rambam Yesodei Hatora Chap. 9) Neither may a prophet annul anything in the Torah. (See the Rambam's introduction to the Mishna where this issue is explained at length.)