Ask the rabbi Torah and Jewish Thought Lashon Hara

Lashon Hara done by a rabbi.

Rabbi Elchanan LewisCheshvan 22, 5769
643
Question
Someone told a rabbi a falsehood about me. This rabbi told another rabbi and this was passed on through to other rabbis in the community. No one confronted me face-to-face about this issue and just brought repercussions to my life without knowing the truth of the matter. How do I handle this matter in a good way?
Answer
I don't know what will be the best to do, I would recommend either forgetting it all together and get on with life or speaking to the rabbi about it in a respectful way; all depending on other factors you haven’t reviled. In any event try [even hard] to judge them favourably. An important lesson you can learn from here is that sometimes even those whom people call rabbis may make mistakes…
More on the topic of Lashon Hara