Ask the rabbi Torah and Jewish Thought Rabbi and his Students

Finding a Rav

Various Rabbis4 Cheshvan 5763
408
Question
Any suggestions on how to find a Rav, Mashpia (I think the term is). I live in Ramat Beit Shemesh and am looking for an English speaking Rav to go to for personal guidance, particularly for regarding religious and personal growth questions.
Answer
I would like to begin by complimenting you on your desire to find a rav (mashpia) who will be able to guide you through your personal and spiritual life. I am sure that there are English speaking rabbis in some of the shuls in Beit Shemesh, I personally am acquainted with Rabbi Spector who I’m sure would serve your purpose in a successful way. May the Almighty help you to achieve your goals of spiritual growth and a happy life. Rabbi Eliezer Waldman
More on the topic of Rabbi and his Students