Ask the rabbi Shabbat and Holidays Second Day of Yom Tov

Second Day Shavuot travel from Israel

Various RabbisNisan 29, 5768
Question
Assuming that I may Halachically observe one day for Shavuot in Israel , I have the following issue. If I fly on El AL on the second day Shavuot I would arrive in New York (assuming they are on schedule...which knowing my mazal they probably will be even though they rarely are) at 8:35. The Zemanim calendars all say that Yom Tov Sheini shel Goluyos ends at 9:08. May I travel even though I might arrive 32 minutes begfore the end of Chag in the USA (using a 42 minute calendar). What do I have to do if I may do this? Assuming I cannot stay on the plane for that long can I get off and just stay at the end of the walkway?
Answer
Since you are not Chayyav with the second day of Yom Tov you should try and make sure you are not seen traveling in the states. Therefore, you should get off the plane and wait at the end of the walkway (or at least not leave the airport) until the end of Yom Tov there. Rabbi Yitzchak Grinblat
More on the topic of Second Day of Yom Tov