Genes

Various RabbisShevat 30, 5768
799
Question
Rabbi, I want to understand the gene heritage For different reasons I sent a sample for gene mapping and found several gene-related information about my origins, the one that I find the most impressive and the one that I am asking about is related with the Kohanim alleles Is it something I should take with enough importance to undergo into some more specific life? Does it matter for a different way of life? I have been Shomer Shabbath for all my life, but as for now, I am into much more intense Jewish one Shabbath Shalom
Answer
No. If your father was not a Cohen neither are you. There are enough mitzvot a non-cohen can do and it is always good to improve ones deeds. Rabbi Yosef Weitzen