Ask the rabbi Torah and Jewish Thought Torah Teachings

Adam and Eve in Tomb of the Patriachs

Various Rabbis22 Av 5767
1215
Question
Dear Rabbi, How there came to be in the "Tomb of the Patriarchs" a tomb for Adam and Eve? How is this possible? My understanding is the bones of patriarchs and matriarchs of Abraham, Sarah, Isaac, Rebecca, Jacob and Leah were found in the cave of Machpelah according to Torah. Is this a memorial for them or are we to believe that these are their actual remains? How and when were the remains of Adam and Eve found after the flood of Noah and how did they come to be in the Tomb of the Patriarchs? Thank you for your help so that I may gain understanding.
Answer
Our sages teach us that when Avraham entered the Tomb of the Patriarchs he saw there the graves of Adam and Eve. We also learn that the Mabul did not fall in Eretz Yisrael. Rabbi Yitzchak Grinblat
More on the topic of Torah Teachings