Ask the rabbi Family and Society

Marriage to non Jew??!

1043
Question
I’m Frum and met someone at work who is not jewish. And one thing led to another and now we are in love. What do I do? Do I tell her to become jewish ? or do I let things stay as they are?
Answer
Shalom, Your question just got to me, though you sent it in quite a while ago. I don't know you, so anything I say may be rephrased, but I will share some thoughts. I think you first have to clarify your own relationship to Judaism and halacha. If your committment is strong, and you want to live a Jewish life with a jewish family, you have to share that with the woman you love. If she is not interested i n your Jewish committment, you will have to choose between the two - Judaism or her. If she wants to share your life and your Judaism, send her to a Rabbi who is sensitive and is involved in giyur, and have him try to sort things out. I would generally advise a period of time that she relates to Judaism without you around. If in the end she converts, you will get back together Best of luck
More on the topic of Can We Get Married?