Ask the rabbi Halacha Kaddish and Keddusha

Kedushah-V’Karah Zeh El Zeh V’Amar

Rabbi Elchanan Lewis17 Tammuz 5766
692
Question
I was wondering what the proper attitude (mental direction) should be when saying the above since the angels bow (I must assume it is similar to an oriental bow of respect and not prayer) to one another in unison for the sake of offering prayer and praises to HaShem. Should we have an attitude of doing the same towards our fellow congregants as we pray together in a minyan or some other analgous attitude. I have asked this question locally, people generally say it is a Kaballistic question, but no one seems to know the answer. I find it important since each time I say Kedushah and am at that particular section, I don’t quite know how to direct my thoughts.
Answer
The custom to bow during the recitation of the words “Vekarah Ze El Ze” has no Halachic source (see Minhag Yisrael Torah 1 pp. 214-215) The reason we say it is because the angels say it and we praise Hashem is such way as well. During the Kedushah you should mean the words; you can look into the Siddur commentary for a deeper meaning if you wish.
More on the topic of Kaddish and Keddusha