Ask the rabbi Torah and Jewish Thought

Hebrew Flaming Letters

791
Question
I would like to discuss with a rabbi, a personal experience I had several years ago, in which I was awakened during the middle of the night and had what seemed like hundreds of Hebrew Flaming Letters coming towards me at a very fast rate. I have been overwhelmed by the experience, and the visions I also began to have during that time. Is there a rabbi that would be interested in discussing this experience with me?
Answer
Most visions are the result of feelings and thoughts that a person feels, either strongly or as background noise, during the day that express themselves at night more dramatically. If these visions motivate a person to good actions, a better character etc. then they are very positive. If however they cause you anxiety you should speak to someone who knows you well to get at their source.
More on the topic of