Ask the rabbi Shabbat and Holidays Computers, Internet and Cellphones

Studying Shabbat, on my computer, on Shabbat

Question
I am trying to see if I can celebrate the Shabbat the way the Jewish people do it. I am not a convert. My eyes are bad and I need to enlarge writing on my computer to see what I read. But even if my eyes were good. I would like to read and learn from the Jewish sites the things G-d commanded them to do, and the way they live. If I where a Jew, would I be violating the Shabbat. If I where a convert. Would I be violating the Shabbat by using my computer to learn on the Shabbat, about G-d, and the Jewish people ?
Answer
Shabbat is for the Jews, non-Jews shouldn’t keep Shabbat like Jews, and therefore i would recommend you to carry on with your reading from the computer screen, as that activity is prohibited for the Jew on Shabbat.
More on the topic of Computers, Internet and Cellphones