Ask the rabbi Halacha Laying of Tefillin

The Mitzvah of putting on tefillian

Rabbi Chaim Tabasky30 Kislev 5766
585
Question
I was told that laying tefillian every day is a very important mitzvah, I have read that you can only put it on at certain times of the day. As I live in Canada and the sun in the winter rises early & sets early, that the only place do put on the tefillian would be at work. Someone said even if you put it on you only have to say a few morning prayers to fullfill the mitzvah, and they said it would not take more than 5 minutes out of my time. I would like to know how this is possible and what prayers need to be recited
Answer
Tefillin should be put own during daylight hours. If one cannot say all prayers with tefillin on, at least the kriat shema should be recited. I suggest also the morning blessings.
More on the topic of Laying of Tefillin