Ask the rabbi Torah and Jewish Thought Torah Teachings

Commentaries

Rabbi Elchanan Lewis26 Shevat 5765
213
Question
I am trying to study the Tanach and I can’t find a good source for commentary on certain scriptures to learn more about what is going on. I dont know hebrew so I rely on christian commentaries which I have come to find are not all accurate can you help me? I love to read the Bible but I want to understand exactly what is going on in certain verses. I have heard of the Mishna and the Talmud but I am new to studying the Bible. Where should I look or if you can reference a web site?
Answer
The Artscroll series of the Bible are extremely good and mainly - authentically Jewish. You should go to their web site (http://www.artscroll.com/) and try to order through there. I'm sure there are lots more but I just happen to be familiar with these.
More on the topic of Torah Teachings