Ask the rabbi Torah and Jewish Thought Torah Teachings

Two More Wars?

Rabbi Elchanan Lewis9 Cheshvan 5765
481
Question
When reading the prophecy of the Gog and Magog war, Why is Egypt not mentioned but Libya, Sudan and Ethiopia are? Does it mean that there will likely be a war before Gog and Magog in which Israel will win back land which was given away for a Pseudo-Peace but at the same time it will likely be a bitter-sweet victory. I’d like to hear your thoughts on this subject.
Answer
The prophecy of the "Gog and Magog" war is not to be understood literally. The prophecies are coded in a way that we can't fully understand them without a deep insight of Torah scholars and even then, only to a certain degree. I will, therefore, not recommend to predict the future based on our own interpretation of the prophets.
More on the topic of Torah Teachings