Ask the rabbi

  • Family and Society
  • Can We Get Married?



Rabbi Jonathan Blass

24 Kislev 5764
A Jewish woman was married to a Christian man in a civil ceremony. They divorce but she can’t have a Get because he is Christian. She then wishes to remarry a conservative Jewish man. Can they marry in a Conservative temple?
A marriage between a Jew and a Gentile is- from a Jewish perspective- no marriage at all and does not require a Get to effect its dissolution. To marry a Jewish man in accordance with Jewish law, a Jewish woman must find an Orthodox (not a Conservative) rabbi who will ensure that the marriage- Kiddushin and Nisuin- is done correctly.
את המידע הדפסתי באמצעות אתר