Ask the rabbi Halacha Immersing in the Mikve

Immersion of Vessels cont.

423
Question
I read your recent answer about labels on an item that has been immersed in a mikvah. Something wasn’t clear to me: How does the fact that the label is on the inside or outside, or whether it bothers you or others effect whether it has to be "dunked" again? I thought that the issue was that the water of the Mikvah should totally surround the object. Does this mean that if there is a label you don’t mind on the outside of the vessel you can immerse the vessel without attmpting to remove it?
Answer
A label inside the vessel presumably disturbs the owner and he would wish to remove it, whereas a label on the outside may not be considered an impediment by the owner. You can immerse the vessel without attempting to remove it providing it is a label that you intend to leave on.
More on the topic of Immersing in the Mikve