- The Torah World Gateway
Ask the rabbi Family and Society Conversion

Wish to convert

Rabbi Jonathan Blass3 Kislev 5764
Shabbat Shalom ! I study Hebrew and I go every summer to Israel I love it there. I have many Family friends in Israel. And I have every weekend Shabbat with my family but I’m not Jewish but I want to convert is it true that I can go to a Rabbi that I know and learn more about Judaism and if he can give me premission to convert? And can I make Aaliyah?
If your parents do not object, you can contact an Orthodox rabbi near you who will guide you. If, however, your parents do object to your conversion, and since legally (although not halachically) you are not yet an adult, your parents, as your guardians, are probably legally entitled to prevent your conversion. Keep up your reading about Judaism and see if you still feel the way you do when you turn 18.
More on the topic of Conversion

It is not possible to send messages to the Rabbis through replies system.Click here to send your question to rabbi.

את המידע הדפסתי באמצעות אתר