- The Torah World Gateway
Ask the rabbi Family and Society Conversion

Chasrat Dat

Rabbi Jonathan Blass12 Cheshvan 5764
I am Japanese, don’t belong to any religion, didn’t convert to Judaism and had married a Jewish man. In order to get a divorce, I am required to submit a document to the law court that argues/proves that I am "chasrat dat". I am not 100% certain what is being asked of me. Could you please explain to me what or how I am supposed to argue/prove regarding my religious status? Thank you for your help.
I believe it would be sufficient to obtain a formal legal document from your embassy that attests to the fact that you are not Jewish and don't belong to any religion.
More on the topic of Conversion

It is not possible to send messages to the Rabbis through replies system.Click here to send your question to rabbi.

את המידע הדפסתי באמצעות אתר