- The Torah World Gateway
Ask the rabbi Family and Society Conversion

conversion and children

Rabbi Jonathan Blass28 Tishrei 5764
I have a deep and strong desire to convert. This was not possible at first due to being married to a Christian. Now we are divorcing. To convert I would need to move to another city and uproot my children, who have already had a turbulent life and have visitation rights in the area where we live which would make moving cities difficult. I would have no hesitation doing this for myself, or undergoing any hardship to become part of Israel. But I hesitate for the sake of my children who need stability. What should I do?
You should speak face to face with an Orthodox rabbi in your general area who after getting to know you and your family and the knowing laws of your country can give you advice that suits your specific situation. If you have trouble locating the Orthodox rabbi nearest you, let me know and I will try to help you find him.
More on the topic of Conversion

It is not possible to send messages to the Rabbis through replies system.Click here to send your question to rabbi.

את המידע הדפסתי באמצעות אתר