Adar 14, 5778

Psalm to cure addiction

Rabbi Ari Shvat

To the Reverend Rabbi:
I have the habit of practicing masturbation and I want to stop, I ask you to indicate to me a Psalm that, when recited every day, will naturally cause me to lose interest and desire for this practice.
Thank you for your attention.

Say the following 10 Psalms: 16, 32, 41, 42, 59, 77, 90, 105, 137, 150, in addition to giving charity to a poor person or worthy organization which helps the poor. But the most important thing is your firm resolve and decision to stop this counter-productive practice, and look for your eternal soulmate. That's why God gave us this great desire, in order to insure that we build a good family life, something which contributes to our moral, ethical and altruistic personality in the best possible way. Just as God finished creating the world, His first commandment to Adam and Eve was to be Godly, by also creating worlds by having children, to be both creators and altruistic like He is! Nothing stands in the way of what a person firmly wants to do. Even if you fail once, (one of) the next time(s) you will succeed!